Michelle Ramos, LMFT
I have lived in the Bay Area for over 24 years and received my Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco. As a young child, I always had a strong curiosity in learning about people and took great interest in listening to them share their thoughts and feelings. By the time I reached my adolescence, I knew I wanted to work in the helping profession.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I take an integrative approach to therapy and draw from a variety of treatment methodologies and techniques to offer the most tailored, well-rounded care for my clients. Some of my treatment approaches include, Solution-Focused Therapy, Family Systems, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Narrative Therapy, and Mindfulness. In a safe space and collaborative effort, we will identify your goals and discover realistic solutions for challenges you wish to overcome. As your therapist, my role is to help you uncover your true potential and live a life worth celebrating. Together we will discover what you are seeking to live a more fulfilled and balanced life.
Education & Training:
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, with Emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy — University of San Francisco
- Certified Suicide & Crisis Counselor-Santa Clara County Behavioral Health
- Suicide Prevention/Intervention/Postvention & Psychological Autopsy Training-American Association of Suicidology
- Graduate/Post-graduate clinical training: Starlight Community Services, USF Center for Child & Family Development, Suicide and Crisis Services (Santa Clara County), Adolescent Counseling Services
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS)
- Santa Clara Valley Chapter of CAMFT